1.2.4 disk full errors

Maarten Bezemer mcbdovecot at robuust.nl
Fri Jul 11 14:59:41 UTC 2014

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, Iain Hallam wrote:

> maildir: out-of-disk-space failures apparently cause all kinds of
> problems, e.g. "Expunged message reappeared", "Duplicate file entry"?
>
> Does anyone know what's happening with Dovecot here and how to recover
> so that this user can see mail again?

Assuming you use Maildir format for storing this user's mails, based on
your quote of the maildir todo message...

If you manage to add extra disk space, and access to mail is more
important than e.g. losing message flags etc., then I'd say you can remove
the dovecot.index / cache files for the maildirs affected. These would be
regenerated the next time dovecot accesses the maildir. Could take a while
tho, for that amount of mails..

HTH..

--
Maarten