Shared Mailbox + LDAP Easy with this script

Allan Cassaro allan.cassaro at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 23:46:18 UTC 2014

Hello guys,

After some hours fighting with shared mailbox, I finally understand how it
works - and, realy, I can't believe how easy it is!

So, to help others like me and to improve the shared mailbox with Dovecot
this script does all the "hard work".

I don't know if this group permit attachments, so, let's the link:
https://sites.google.com/site/allancassaro/mkshared.tar.gz

Enjoy!

===== From README file =====
This is a simple code to help with Dovecot Public Shared Mailbox function.
Just configure a public shared mailbox with ACLs, change the configuration
file
and run this program.

How it works:
1) The program connect to the LDAP server and fetch groups from it (with
ldap filter)
2) With groups, it fetches the members and owners (or any attribute you
want);
3) It will walk into the "shared folder" folder base directory and:
  3.1) Rename any directory that was renamed in LDAP (based on entryUUID
ldap attribute);
  3.2) Create diretories and skeletion (new, cur and tmp) of any group that
exists in LDAP;
  3.3) Optionaly, remove any "orphan" directory (wihtout a ldap entrey);

Example:
dn: cn=Everyone,ou=Shared_Mailbox,
dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: labeledURIObject
objectClass: top
objectClass: groupOfURLs
cn: Everyone
labeledURI: ldap:///ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com?uid?one?(objectClass=person)
member: uid=user2,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com
member: uid=user3,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com
member: uid=user1,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com
member: uid=user.surname,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com
owner: uid=user4,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com

This will create a folder tree like this:
  /path/toshared/.Everyone
  /path/toshared/.Everyone/new
  /path/toshared/.Everyone/cur
  /path/toshared/.Everyone/tmp
With permission file (/path/toshared/.Everyone/dovecot-acl):
  user=user1 lr
  user=user.surname lr
  user=user4 lrwstipekxa

Hope this helps you! Enjoy.

--
Use cópia oculta (BCC ou CCO) e apague dados pessoais no campo da mensagem
ao encaminhar qualquer e-mail.

http://allan.cassaro.googlepages.com