Imaptest script testing

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at curecanti.org
Wed Jul 2 04:20:15 UTC 2014

Quoting kaustubh <kaustubh at mithi.com>:

> http://www.imapwiki.org/ImapTest/ <http://www.imapwiki.org/ImapTest/>
>
> I am doing imap testing using imaptest scripts. But, i am unable to append
> message.
>
> APPEND INBOX "15-Jun-2015 05:30:05 -0700" "From:abc at gmail.com" "Subject:
> test. HI this is msg".

Not sure if imaptest has a special format... But this is an invalid
IMAP APPEND command.  The entire message body is in a single literal.

This has a better chance of working (APPEND actually requires a
literal for message data, but I am assuming Dovecot/imaptest is
liberal about what it parses and will also accept a quoted string in
this situation):

APPEND INBOX "15-Jun-2015 05:30:05 -0700"
"From:abc at gmail.com\nSubject: test.\n\nHI this is msg"

michael