[Dovecot] Dsync Errors

Asai asai at globalchangemusic.org
Thu Jan 30 18:09:02 EET 2014

I see Timo addressed this problem with this reply ( from thread
"[Dovecot] reproducible dsync backup panic (dovecot 2.2.7)/Fri Dec 20
00:37:21 EET 2013")/, but basically I don't understand how to go about
doing this:

Can you get it to dump core and use

gdb /usr/bin/doveadm core
bt full
fr 5
p *change

>/  The command I'm using to back up individual user's mail is something like:
/>/
/>/  sudo -u vmail dsync -v -uuser at server.com  <http://dovecot.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dovecot>  -R backup ssh -i sshid-filelogin at server.com  <http://dovecot.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dovecot>  sudo -u vmail dsync -v -uuser at server.com  <http://dovecot.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dovecot>
/
Probably an easier way would be if you could copy the local and remote mdboxes to e.g. /tmp/mdbox-local and /tmp/mdbox-remote. Then you should be able to do:

gdb --args doveadm -o mail=mdbox:/tmp/mdbox-local backup -R mdbox:/tmp/mdbox-remote
run
bt full
fr 5
p *change