[Dovecot] recipient_delimiter -- feature request

Andrew Ray andrew at freedomlives.net
Tue Jan 28 23:14:46 EET 2014

Hi,

It would be nice if the recipient_delimiter configuration option
supported multiple recipient delimiters as Postfix now does.
e.g. now if I set: recipient_delimiter = +-  in Postfix, then
test-extension at sample.com and test+extension at sample.com are both recognized.
But if I set: recipient_delimiter = +- in Dovecot, neither of the above
are recognized and instead test+-extension at sample.com is valid.

Well, presently this feature isn't that important to me, but I imagine
it could be a source of confusion for people who are migrating from say
qmail to postfix (as I am doing) and notice Postfix's cool ability to
support both types of delimiters and assume Dovecot will as well (as I did).

Thanks,
Andrew Ray

--

Andrew Ray