[Dovecot] Dsync Errors

Sat Jan 25 14:23:57 EET 2014

On 2014-01-24 10:51 AM, Asai <asai at globalchangemusic.org> wrote:
> We're running Dovecot 2.2.4 and the dsync command is this:
> dsync -u <username> backup
>
> When this happens to a particular users account I delete the backup
> and let it rebuild, which works for awhile, but then it happens again,
> and it seems to happen to particular users.
>
> Can you point me in the right direction to start troubleshooting this?

The first thing to do when experiencing problems like this is make sure
you are on the current version of whatever point release you are
running. In your case that would be 2.2.10. Then if you still experience
the problem, come back and re-ask...

If you are unable to update due to some kind of 'LTS' restrictions
enforced by your chosen OS, then your first line of support should be
from them - otherwise, what is the point of using that OS?

Also, they would be the ones that would have to back-port any fixes from
more recent releases to your 'stable' version.

--

Best regards,

Charles