[Dovecot] dovecot produces messages dupes after nfs problems

Fri Jan 24 13:45:32 EET 2014

On 2014-01-23 9:38 PM, Nick Edwards <nick.z.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/23/14, Charles Marcus <CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:
>> On 2014-01-22 2:37 PM, Patrick Westenberg <pw at wk-serv.de> wrote:
>>> All duplicates have no "received from" headers. Seperate lmtp log shows
>>> only one delivery.
>> As when troubleshooting anything like this, FULL logs for an event
>> exhibiting the problem is in order.

> doubt that would work in this case

Really? Without full logs, how would you then troubleshoot ANY problem?

>> Since you are using NFS, and there are well known potential issues when
>> using NFS under certain circumstances, a more detailed description of
>> your (NFS) setup is in order.
> never had any probems with NFS, but we dont use lmtp, we use dovecot-lda
> and we dont use director either

If you have read the dovecot wiki (and the list archives), then you also
know that with NFS, the problems are all related to setups where the NFS
mailstore is being accessed by more than one dovecot server at a time.

That is what I was hinting at by 'a more detailed description of his
(NFS) setup'...