[Dovecot] Problem with LDA. When vacation auto-reply sent, the field from=<>.

Dmitry rcpt.dmitry at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 22:51:51 EET 2014

> you should try to explain your problem and not how to implement a solution

Sorry. I know English bad.
I tried to describe the problem in the first letter.
I'll try again.

My Dovecot receive mail from many different domains (around 30) from many different machines.
1.1.1.1 - domain1
2.2.2.2 - domain2
3.3.3.3 - domain3
with different postfix with
virtual_transport = lmtp:10.10.10.10:24
in their main.cf
10.10.10.10 - machine with my dovecot.

Users imap - 10.10.10.10:143
User smtp - 10.10.10.10:25
10.10.10.10:25 - postfix with
sender_dependent_relayhost_maps = hash:$config_directory/relayhost_maps

in relayhost_maps
@domain1	[1.1.1.1]
@domain2	[2.2.2.2]
@domain3	[3.3.3.3]

for example user at domain2 receive mail:
inet -> 2.2.2.2:25 -> 10.10.10.10:24 -> saved to disk
user at domain2 connect to 10.10.10.10:143 and read it.

for example user at domain2 sends mail:
user at domain2 connect to 10.10.10.10:25
because in relayhost_maps written
@domain2	[2.2.2.2]
postfix sends it in 2.2.2.2
10.10.10.10:25 -> 2.2.2.2:25 -> inet

Everything works fine until the case comes to vacation auto-reply with dovecot-pigeonhole plugin :(
Because the domain of the sender is unknown, postfix 10.10.10.10 does not understand where to forward mail. Where relay for domain2.

I do not know what to do ...