[Dovecot] Problem with LDA. When vacation auto-reply sent, the field from=<>.

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Jan 22 15:18:26 EET 2014

Am 22.01.2014 13:39, schrieb Dmitry:
> My problem is that when vacation auto-reply sent the field from=<>
> Because of this does not work "sender_dependent_relayhost_maps" in postfix

<> is correct in case of auto-responders

why?
to prevent mail-loops if both sides have a responder

well, there are special headers too for this but they
rely on be respected by the final destination while
null sender never get bounces and replies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounce_message

Bounce messages in SMTP are sent with the envelope sender address <>,
known as the null sender address. They are frequently sent with a From:
header address of MAILER-DAEMON at the recipient site.