[Dovecot] Shared Folters with LDA/Sieve

Steffen skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Sun Jan 19 18:20:57 EET 2014

Dieter Knopf wrote:
> I tried the way via mysql
> (http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Shared) but nothing
> happens. I can't see (or subscribe) the shared folders.
>
> I inserted (to the mysql table): from_user=info at foo.tld
> to_users=name at foo.tld
>
> But the user name at foo.tld can't subscribe/see anything.

Did you've read http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL ? The entry in the
database is not the source of sharing information.

> I added shared namespace to the config: namespace { type = shared
> separator = / prefix = shared/%%d/%%n/ location =
> maildir:%%h/Maildir:INDEX=~/Maildir/shared/%%u subscriptions = no
> list = children }

You have just copied the example into your config, haven't you? Do you
get error messages about not finding the mailbox? You should enabled
logging for testing: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Logging

> Not sure if this is the right way if i use virtual users:
> mail_location =
> maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%n:INDEX=/home/vmail-indexes/%d/%n:LAYOUT=fs

In

the shared namespace you've configured Dovecot to look in the
sharing user's home directory for Maildir, but the default location
points to somewhere else, no Maildir at all. Where are the mailboxes
located?
IMHO, the correct location for most shared namespaces would be the
location of the user with %'s doubled and INDEXes per user.

E.g. if above default mail_location is correct:

location =
maildir:/home/vmail/%%d/%%n:INDEX=/home/vmail-indexes/%d/%n/shared/%%u:LAYOUT=fs

In a shared namespace %%u applies to the sharing user and %u to the
current user, therefore that config defines the same as the default
location, but with user-specific indexes, see
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/IndexFiles if you prefer user-specific vs.
mailbox-specific indexes.

> namespace  { type = private separator = / prefix = inbox = yes ...
>
> Thanks!
>

> 2013/11/18 Steffen Kaiser <skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de>
>

> On Sun, 17 Nov 2013, Dieter Knopf wrote:
>
> I need global email addresses like:

> IMHO, you should use:
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Shared
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL
>
> setup those three recipient as their own accounts with Sieve filter
> a.s.o. Then install ACLs to share to anyone - or create a group for
> all users.

- --
Steffen