[Dovecot] Sieve - not functioning for additional email aliases.

Jacek Osiecki joshua at hybrid.pl
Mon Jan 13 10:56:28 EET 2014

Hi,

On one of my servers (old one, version 1.2.5) user reported that vacation
message for basic address works fine, but not for the aliases.

I know that this is an old version, but we can't simply switch them to the
most current dovecot release without preparing and testing everything...
So I'm rather asking for help with debugging the case :)

This person has email my.name at olddomain.pl.
However, they are switching to new domain - newdomain.pl - and it is
becoming their main brand. So temporarily olddomain.pl is still their
"home" domain, but there is a domain alias newdomain->olddomain.

The sieve file is simple: forward message and reply with vacation:
----
require ["copy","vacation"];
# rule:[redirect]
if anyof (true)
{
 	redirect :copy "my.boss at newdomain.pl";
 	vacation :days 1 :addresses
["my.name at olddomain.pl","my.name at newdomain.pl"] text:
I'm unavailable now.

Please contact my boss: my.boss at newdomain.pl

Greetings
.
;
}
----

When I send email to my.name at olddomain.pl - it is sent to
my.boss at newdomain.pl and I receive the vacation message.

When I send it to the alias (my.name at newdomain.pl) - none of above
is done.

Any idea how I can debug it? Running test-sieve does not help - it claims
that will simply forward and deliver the message...

Greetings,
--
Jacek Osiecki joshua at ceti.pl GG:3828944
I don't want something I need. I want something I want.