[Dovecot] Why does dovecot require the {} password sheme even if there is a $ crypt scheme.

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 04:33:51 EET 2014

It does, we use sha512 for long time
in sql conf use
default_pass_scheme = CRYPT

it uses the systen crypt then, (NO - this does NOT mean it uses the
ancient 8 char limited crypt) it will use whatever your underlying
operating system allows, and unless you are using something thats more
than 10 years old, it will handle better.

in our sql table

$6$68341f21c4d70c67$D9Rbgw.Ecvfdbvfbfgfdbc.....................................etc

On 1/11/14, da-dovecotlist-15 at abelonline.de