[Dovecot] Dovecot LMTP does not pass envelope recipient +detail to sieve

Steffen skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Sat Jan 11 01:03:05 EET 2014

Greg Rivers wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2014, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
>
>> try sendmail -bv -d60.5 -d27.2 -d21.12
>> gcr+detail at badger.tharned.org
>>
>> - -d60.5 - trace map lookups - -d27.2 - traces processing of
>> aliases and forwards - -d21.12 - trace R line processing
>>
>> IMHO: If all map lookups return NOTFOUND, the detail is
>> preserved, otherwise it is the duty of the map to preserve the
>> detail.
>>

> If I read the traces (attached) correctly, the +detail makes it
> unscathed through the maps, aliases, and rule sets.  If that's the
> case, it would indicate that the problem is with sendmail's LMTP
> code.  Do you concur?

I have:
... deliverable: mailer local, user uid+detail
instead of "deliverable: mailer local, host detail, user gcr"

Hmm, see
http://etutorials.org/Server+Administration/Sendmail/Part+I+Build+and+Install/Chapter+4.+Configure+sendmail.cf+with+m4/FEATUREpreserve_local_plus_detail/

My mc-file has this setting commented out (prefixed by dnl). Ah, I see
where the processing differs. I had added this:

SLocal_localaddr
R< $* > $1      Remove <> from address
R$+ + $*                $: $1   Remove detail from address
R$+             $: <$(localuser $1 $: TEMPFAIL $)> $1   Query socket
map server, if that's a local user
R<OK> $*        $# ok   yes, this preserves detail
R<REJECT> $*    $# error $@ 5.7.1 $: 550 User unknown
R<TEMPFAIL> $*  $# error $@ TEMPFAIL $: $1 try again later      Does
it work????

See the R<OK> line. The map is to verify if the user is local or not.
In my system sendmail cannot do so on its own. Maybe the FEATURE above
works for the standard config.

- --
Steffen