[Dovecot] BUG report: doveadm HEADER <field> <pattern> when concatenating with another Search key

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 05:24:25 EET 2014

> So E.g. When doing
> doveadm fetch -u exampleuser hdr SUBJECT Silvester HEADER
> Return-Path someuser at example.com
>
> it initially outputs 13 headers (same as when using with SUBJECT Silvester
> only) , when piping it to "grep -i 'Return-Path'" it even found only 3 out
> of 13 headers containing a Return-Path at all, 2 of them different than
> someuser at example.com - so SAME behaviour as with search.

I tried using logical conjections of header searches and it works with
my installation of dovecot, so either it's a bug introduced later than
2.1.16, or perhaps it from the different search engine you use (I use
the default that comes with dovecot -- squat?).

Sorry, can't help you out further.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>