[Dovecot] Dovecot LMTP does not pass envelope recipient +detail to sieve

Greg Rivers gcr at tharned.org
Wed Jan 8 22:30:51 EET 2014

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014, Charles Marcus wrote:

> On 2014-01-08 2:27 PM, Greg Rivers <gcr+dovecot at tharned.org> wrote:
>> Given that LMTP does in fact parse X-Original-To (or any other header
>> of your choice) when lda_original_recipient_header is defined, I think
>> one would say that dovecot LMTP does already support this natively.
>>
>> So it's not really a hack, it's just a matter of setting the dovecot
>> config variable and ensuring that the MTA adds the corresponding header
>> to each message.
>
> Ok, cool... so... if I am getting the header right now, using the
> dovecot LDA, then obviously the MTA is adding it.
>
> Last question on this then - can I add this, then take my time switching
> from the LDA to LMTP? Or would enabling it while stll using the LDA
> cause an issue somehow, and I should wait and only enable it after
> switching to LMTP?

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that LDA parses X-Original-To
even without having the lda_original_recipient_header variable set.  If
that's the case, I'd think that setting "lda_original_recipient_header =
X-Original-To" would be a NOOP as far as LDA is concerned, and you
could transition to LMTP at your leisure.

--
Greg Rivers