[Dovecot] Dovecot quoting problem?

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Mon Jan 6 23:40:24 EET 2014

Hello Timo,

I think the following commit makes problems:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/68a8b650578e

# Doesn't work
A01 LIST "" ~/Mail/Gesendet
# OK with quoted mailbox
A02 LIST "" "~/Mail/Gesendet"

Details:
imap
* PREAUTH [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND URL-PARTIAL CATENATE UNSELECT CHILDREN
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH
ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS SPECIAL-USE BINARY
MOVE] Logged in as user
A01 LIST "" ~/Mail/Gesendet
A01 BAD Error in IMAP command LIST: literal8 not allowed here
A02 LIST "" "~/Mail/Gesendet"
* LIST (\NoInferiors \UnMarked) "/" ~/Mail/Gesendet
A02 OK List completed.
A03 STATUS ~/Mail/Gesendet (MESSAGES UNSEEN RECENT)
A03 BAD Error in IMAP command STATUS: literal8 not allowed here
A04 STATUS "~/Mail/Gesendet" (MESSAGES UNSEEN RECENT)
* STATUS ~/Mail/Gesendet (MESSAGES 0 RECENT 0 UNSEEN 0)
A04 OK Status completed.

Is this a bug of dovecot or a bug of the IMAP client (roundcube mail)?

Thank you

Ciao,
Gerhard