[Dovecot] RFE: IMAP LIST Extension for Special-Use Mailboxes

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Fri Jan 3 23:13:07 EET 2014

* Charles Marcus <dovecot at dovecot.org>:
> Sorry for replying to such an old email, but...

Thank you. You just made me feel very old... ;)

> I'm wondering how 'Templates' got left out?
>
> It is a Special folder in Thunderbird that you can't delete - and it
> is very useful (at least in Thunderbird) as well...
>
> I tried adding it in my dovecot (2.2.10) config, but it complained
> about an unsupported option...

I searched a few minutes, but couldn't find the link to quote here:
Special-Use Mailbox names need to be registered. IIRC Templates didn't make
it into the first RFC. I am not aware of a discussion that abandoned it
either. Probably, if you gave it a try, you can have it added and Timo will
add it afterwards...

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG