[Dovecot] SOLVED: Re: Allow both SSL/993 and STARTTLS/143 connections (secure only)

Fri Jan 3 18:09:49 EET 2014

On 2014-01-03 10:20 AM, Frank Elsner <frank at moltke28.B.Shuttle.DE> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:08:15 -0500 Charles Marcus wrote:
>> And I just had an idea, but don't know if it is possible.
>>
>> Can I offer one namespace on one port (ie, SSL/993), and a different
>> namespace on the other port (STARTTLS/143)?

> You dont' need 2 namespaces.
>
> In 10-auth.conf set "disable_plaintext_auth = yes"
>

> My 10-master.conf contains
>
> | service imap-login {
> |   inet_listener imap {
> |     port = 143
> |   }
> |   inet_listener imaps {
> |     port = 993
> |     ssl = yes
> |   }
>
> And this works.

And this just totally solved one of the last problems I was facing doing
the transition...

Adding the above combined with the courier-imap compatibility namespace
results in ALL clients looking normal, regardless of which port or
namespace prefix they are configured to use.

Thanks Frank!!

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*