[Dovecot] failed: Message has been copied too many times

Thu Oct 31 17:29:23 EET 2013

On 2013-10-31 11:17 AM, Joseba Torre <joseba.torre at ehu.es> wrote:
> Are you sure it's dovecot who is duplicating emails? I have seen this
> before (not so many copies, but the same effect) and I've always
> thought it was a thunderbird thing (in every case I've seen the client
> was thunderbird, and I think your users also use it).

I have seen this happen when the user tries to mass delete thousands of
emails using 'Move to Trash', then is impatient when it slows to a
crawl, and they try to close Thunderbird and end up 'force quitting' it...

We had one user that ended up with 5 copies of thousands of messages
from doing this repeatedly

> I've always solved with the thunderbird function to remove duplicates.

Exactly what I used to clean up the mess...

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*