[Dovecot] backup maildir mailbox bugs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 26 18:23:37 EEST 2013

On 20.10.2013, at 19.24, Anand Kumria <wildfire at progsoc.org> wrote:

> Using dovecot v2.2.5.5, I get the following:
>
> $ doveadm -v backup -R -u user at example.com maildir:/home/rsync/
> example.com/user/Maildir/
>
> [...]
>
> dsync(user at example.com): Panic: file dsync-mailbox-export.c: line 228
> (export_save_change_get): assertion failed: (change->type ==
> DSYNC_MAIL_CHANGE_TYPE_FLAG_CHANGE)

That’s definitely a bug, but I’m not sure how to reproduce it. Can you create such a test maildir where this happens that you could send to me? For example you could change all the mail contents to just use “x” letters. Here’s a script that does it: http://dovecot.org/tools/maildir-anonymize.pl

Most likely this is related to your specific dovecot.index* files, and deleting them would fix the problem. I’d still like to fix the real bug though.