[Dovecot] Odd Feature Request - RBL blacklist lookup to prevent authentication

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Oct 23 01:22:15 EEST 2013

On 23/10/2013 05:45, Rick Romero wrote:

> IMHO, the problem with all out blocks on auth is the same as doing an
> all
> out block based on SPF - so many IPs are shared you can easily get
> false
> positives.

Blocks using SPF will not be FP's, they will be by your internal
decision, so will be a genuine block 'hit', even if you don't keep your
RR current, that's the admins fault, not the users, or blockers.

But I agree with you on the rest, since of those 500K IP's Marc claims
to have I'd bet that 99% are hijacked innocent pc's/servers, and of
them, >75% would likely be a one time usage.