[Dovecot] proxy, userdb and passdb

Jogi Hofmüller jogi at mur.at
Tue Oct 22 13:13:28 EEST 2013

Hi Steffen,

Am 2013-10-22 10:05, schrieb Steffen Kaiser:

> see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields

Did, thanks.  The errors I mentioned in my previous post are gone.
Still, proxying does not work as expected.  Instead I get strange warnings:

   Oct 22 12:06:51 server dovecot: auth-worker(PID): Warning: userdb
passwd: Move templates args to override_fields setting

This is the proxy-userdb file's content (I removed the UID and IP address):

user:::::::proxy=y host=IP-ADDRESS starttls=y nopassword=y

> However, a userdb does never override passdb setting (as I understand
> your wording), because the userdb kicks in later, you should post your
> config.

Here it comes:

# 2.1.17: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 3.10-3-amd64 x86_64 Debian jessie/sid
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
mail_plugins = acl
namespace {
   list = children
   location = maildir:%%h/Maildir:INDEX=~/Maildir/shared/%%u
   prefix = shared/%%u/
   subscriptions = no
   type = shared
}
namespace inbox {
   hidden = yes
   inbox = yes
   list = no
   location =
   mailbox Drafts {
     auto = subscribe
     special_use = \Drafts
   }
   mailbox Junk {
     special_use = \Junk
   }
   mailbox Sent {
     auto = subscribe
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox "Sent Messages" {
     auto = subscribe
     special_use = \Sent
   }
   mailbox Trash {
     auto = subscribe
     special_use = \Trash
   }
   prefix =
   subscriptions = yes
   type = private
}
passdb {
   args = session=yes
   driver = pam
}
plugin {
   sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
   sieve_dir = ~/sieve
}
protocols = " imap lmtp pop3"
ssl_cert = </etc/dovecot/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
   args = /etc/dovecot/proxy-userdb
   driver = passwd
}