[Dovecot] Mailboxes separated from IMAP server

Regan Yelcich reganyelcich at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 23:29:14 EEST 2013

I've got a working setup very similar to this.

You want to setup server C as a proxy to B. Server B also needs to have Dovecot IMAP running on it so it has something to proxy to = IMAP <PROXY> IMAP

I'm using MySQL as the backend for Dovecot, so depending on how you're setup this should give you the basic idea anyway.

In your dovecot.conf file on Server C you just need to specify a Proxy as part of the password_query...

password_query = \
	SELECT \
		 password \
		,username AS user \