[Dovecot] to/about Reindl (was: Login into other user's account ...)

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 19:31:14 EEST 2013

[ Reply-To set: let's not make this another pointless thread ]

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 03:37:10PM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 21.10.2013 15:30, schrieb Charles Marcus:
> > Thanks Steffen...
> >
> > I kill-filed Reindl a while back due to his abusive, arrogant
> > nature...
>
> what was absusive in this thread?

I think you misunderstand. Charles was actually paying you a partial
compliment. He was not saying that your response was abusive. He was
saying that you actually seem to have a clue most of the time.

FWIW I agree on both counts. You tend to get abusive sometimes, but
your technical accuracy is very good.

> and the abusive reply to you in the following thread was
> well deserved after your "prove it"
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-February/088587.html

The idea that abuse is "well deserved" could be the origin of your
difficulty in fitting in with online technical communities. There's
really nothing worth getting angry over. If I think someone has been
rude to me, my best response is no response.

I haven't seen that from you. You never let anything pass. You'll
probably ignore my Reply-To: header and reply to this.

> > Too bad - I held off for a long time, because he does actually
> > seem to have a clue most of the time.
>
> because i read docs, not only for dovecot, for a lot of other
> server software far away from mail and the underlying RFC's too

Yes, that is obvious. You have a lot to contribute. Too bad we can
only get that at a price that many posters consider too high.

Sincere best wishes to you. EOT.