[Dovecot] Upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 on Debian

Lucas Rothamel - Eye Catching Webdesign info at eye-catching-webdesign.de
Sun Oct 20 18:27:51 EEST 2013

Hello,

I am currently running Dovecot 2.1 on current Debian and need to upgrade
to 2.2 to use the replication features.

I understand that I therefore need to compile Dovecot myself. I am using
a MySQL database for users authentication, therefore I need to compile
Dovecot with mysql support:
*./configure --with-mysql*
Unfortunately this terminates with:
*configure: error: Can't build with MySQL support: libmysqlclient not found*

I installed libmysqlclient from debian repos, but it does not help.

Also, how do I then connect the newly installed dovecot to my existing
/etc/init.d/dovecot script?

Thank you.
Lucas

--
Lucas Rothamel
Eye Catching Webdesign

You know, we go to the gym to keep the body fit. Similarly the mind needs some rest. The mind is bombarded with so many impressions. Our mind has been bombarded by impressions the whole time. It needs a different kind of rest other than sleep. And meditation is such a rest. It calms the mind. energizes the spirit and makes the body more strong and vibrant. improves the immune system. The immune cells, the T-cell count go higher through Sudarshan Kriya and meditation. And you feel so nice inside. - Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -- Douglas Adams