[Dovecot] Using dovecot as LDA for postfix

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 18:52:47 EEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Charles Marcus
<CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:
> On 2013-10-14 12:43 PM, Farzad Mahdikhani <farzad_itm at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> dovecot 1.0.7
>>
>> I want to config a complete postfix-dovecot mail server.
>

> So, please do not start with an ancient, unsupported version.
>
> 2.2.6 is  the latest stable, but at least use the latest 2.1 version...

      He's running redhat/centos 5.X; latest dovecot version for that
is 1.0.7. Only way out if he is using the redhat packages is to go to
redhat 6.X, which probably means a full reinstall... which he may not
be authorized to do. And even then he would be a 2.0.9.

Some of us do have to stick to the packages officially supported by a
distro; I had the very same issue, which is why I was stuck with 1.2.9
in ubuntu 10.04 and now 2.0.19 in 12.04LTS. Would I love to be at
least in 2.1? You betcha, but...

To the OP: you might want to see if epel or the other non-official
repositories have something newer and whether your boss allows you to
use them. As I mentioned above, I have run 1.2.9 until quite recently,
so I still have my configs available. Don't know how much 1.0.7
differs from 1.2.9 though; you will need to check
http://wiki1.dovecot.org/. But, I can paste them here. On thing I am
curious about is why you have maildir and mbox at the same time.