[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.2.6 comression library build error

Dimitri mitya at mageia.org
Sat Oct 12 01:12:28 EEST 2013

Hi, I'm trying to build Dovecot 2.2.6 under Mageia Linux, and there are
two issues.

1. I get the following errors during build, please see
http://pastebin.com/RmSRZPip - the compression library requires
dlopen/dlsym/etc functions, but the library providing them is not
mentioned in the linking command. I've managed to workaround this by
adding -ldl to the corresponding src/lib-compression/Makefile.in line.

2. The lib90_sieve_extprograms_plugin.so library gets installed into
<libdir>/dovecot/sieve (and it's the only file to reside there), while
all other modules are installed into <libdir>/dovecot/modules. Has this
been done on purpose? For Mageia package, I've decided to move this file
to the standard location.

Thanks,
Dimitri
Mageia Linux packager