[Dovecot] Transparent Migration from cyrus to dovecot

Andrew Richards ar-dovecotlist at acrconsulting.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 23:01:51 EEST 2013

On Thursday 10 Oct 2013 19:34:51 Jogi Hofmüller wrote:
> Dear Christian,
>
> Am 2013-10-10 17:06, schrieb Christian Rohmann:
> > I work for NetCologne GmbH, an ISP in Cologne, Germany. I did a talk
> > "Austausch einer ISP-Mailplattform ohne Downtime" at the mail server
> > conference the Heinlein-Support company held in Berlin in 2011.
> >
> >  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQOkiBebU0
>
> Thanks for the video!  Unfortunately most things that allowed you to do
> migration in the file system don't apply for us (e.g. we have mailboxes
> in the GB range).  So I think we will go for dsync and dovecot's proxy
> features ;)

Perhaps rather 'old-school' now, but I've used Perdition for large transparent
migrations in the past very successfully,

	http://horms.net/projects/perdition/

with Dovecot being your target platform, it makes sense to explore the Dovecot
[proxy] approach first; Perdition may be handy to have as a backup strategy.

cheers,

Andrew.