[Dovecot] Transparent Migration from cyrus to dovecot

Christian Rohmann crohmann at netcologne.de
Thu Oct 10 18:06:36 EEST 2013

Hey Jogi,

On 06.10.2013 12:39, Jogi Hofmüller wrote:
> Our goal is to do the migration without interrupting the service
> for our users too much.  Currently we tend to using dsync.  So I am
> asking for best practice suggestions, tips and hints from people
> who have done such a thing before.

I work for NetCologne GmbH, an ISP in Cologne, Germany. I did a talk
"Austausch einer ISP-Mailplattform ohne Downtime" at the mail server
conference the Heinlein-Support company held in Berlin in 2011.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQOkiBebU0

It's sure a bit dated and we started with dovecot 1.2.x, so no dsync
available. But maybe it's a least somewhat entertaining to watch how
we did things and avoided downtime.

Regards

Christian