[Dovecot] smartsieve managesieve-login failure with dovecot 2.1.7

Wouter Berkepeis wouter at private-lotus.org
Wed Oct 9 21:22:30 EEST 2013

Hello Simon,

Thank you for your explanation about Horde and Ingo. I will certainly
try to install it and see if it satisfies my needs. And as you said,
installation is done by pear, so a Debian package is not needed. I only
wondered why the Horde software is not included anymore in Wheezy, as it
was in Squeeze. Not that it probably would be of much worth, I have
another machine running Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS and the version in the repo
is a bit outdated (3.3).

Regards,
Wouter

<mailto:wouter at private-lotus.org>> wrote:

> > Hello Benny,
> >
> > Thanks for your response. Ingo looks promising to me as a sufficient
> > solution, but on the Ingo site one of the stated prerequisites is :
> >
> > (start quote)
> >
> > To function properly, Ingo *requires* the following:
> >
> > A working Horde installation
> >
> > Ingo runs within the Horde Application Framework
> > <http://www.horde.org/apps/horde>, a set of common tools for web
> > applications written in PHP. You must install Horde before
installing Ingo.

> > (end quote)
> >
> > So, if I can install Ingo without Horde as you say, I would be more then
> > happy.
> >
> > Btw, my remark about the LDAP authentication with Squirrelmail being too
> > tricky to implement maybe wasn't described right. What I meant was it's
> > not worth the efforts installing all this, just to be able to manage
> > sieve filters from inside another program. I have installed Squirrelmail
> > for just being able to look now and then at my e-mail at public places,
> > I don't use it frequently.
> >
> > Anyway, thanks for your little help. :-)
>
> A working horde installation is in this case the horde package.  If
you don't need to install webmail, address book, calendar, tasks, you
don't have to. Let alone the wiki, photo gallery, bookmark manager or
ticket interface.

> Just install horde and Ingo and be done.
>
> You may find it useful to install imp too -to take care of the
authentication, but you don't have to show it to the user.