[Dovecot] smartsieve managesieve-login failure with dovecot 2.1.7

Wouter Berkepeis wouter at private-lotus.org
Mon Oct 7 21:37:02 EEST 2013

Thanks for the tip. I had to disable ssl completely to finally login to
SmartSieve. But then I saw that the interface is 'crippled', it's
missing some parts. I don't know what is causing that, but I've had it
with SmartSieve for now. Which is a pity because it's the only
stand-alone (web)gui, as far as I know.

Looking for alternatives I already came across Ingo. But this is part of
the Horde suite and Horde is not part of Debian Wheezy. And I don't like
that I have to use a whole suite just for managing my sieve filter
settings. Another alternative maybe could be the Avelsieve plugin for
Squirrelmail. But with LDAP authentication I am using I also have to
install the LDAP backend plugin. It's becoming a bit too tricky for me,
and again, I have to use another program just to manage sieve.
So, I guess, maybe it's time to pick up my rusty programming skills and
create a gui myself....

Regards,

Wouter