[Dovecot] Yet another going from 1.2 to 2.X question: authentication

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Oct 7 13:28:10 EEST 2013

On 07/10/2013 14:17, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

>       Makes sense, so I shall set them up as
>
> /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-master.conf
> # http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixAndDovecotSASL
>
> service auth {
>         unix_listener auth-userdb {
>                 mode = 0600
>                 user = virtual # User running Dovecot LDA's deliver
>         }
>
>         # Dovecot as SASL Auth
>         unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-auth {
>                 mode = 0660
>                 user = postfix
>                 group = postfix
>         }
> }

Looks good to me

> Thanks for the help (and sorry for the late reply)! Now as soon as the
> namespaces make sense to me and I figure out how to get sieve properly
> configured I can do the upgrade.

hehe, no problems, I wont comment on namespaces since I don't use
anything special in that regards, but sieve is easy to configure

service managesieve-login {
         service_count = 1
         process_min_avail = 0
         vsz_limit = 64M
         inet_listener sieve {
                 port = 4190
         }
}

service managesieve {
         process_limit = 1024
}

protocol sieve {
         managesieve_max_line_length = 65536
         managesieve_logout_format = bytes=%i/%o
         managesieve_implementation_string = Dovecot Pigeonhole
         managesieve_max_compile_errors = 5
         mail_max_userip_connections = 10
}

set...
in global:
protocols = pop3 imap sieve (assuming you use both pop3 and imap)

protocol lda:
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve

and in the plugin section, something like
         sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
         sieve_dir = ~/sieve
         sieve_vacation_min_period = 1d
         sieve_vacation_default_period = 7d