[Dovecot] smartsieve managesieve-login failure with dovecot 2.1.7

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Oct 7 09:54:50 EEST 2013

On 10/7/2013 1:01 AM, Wouter Berkepeis wrote:

> Everything OK I guess. Especially the first part of the output is
> interesting: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Dovecot Pigeonhole"
> This is what Smartsieve is looking at. With the former version the
> string was 'dovecot', so I changed this in the 'Managesieve.php' file.
> This file was already patched as stated on the site. Furthermore I
> changed everything referring to port 2000 to port 4190.

That should work. I used the patch mentioned here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg21862.html

And modified it for the new situation. I'm assuming this is very similar
to what you're doing and here it works.

You could try to obtain more information by logging the protocol exchange:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog

Alternatively you can debug Smartsieve by adding more logging into the
source code.

And yes, SmartSieve is unmaintained, so I would not recommend using it
anymore.

Regards,

Stephan.