[Dovecot] mailbox_list_index, stops showing new mails in mailboxes

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 03:10:31 EEST 2013

Anton Lundin writes:

> I'm using 2.2.4 over imap and ssh/imap, and after a while dovecot
> stops noticing new mail in some folders. Its always the same 2-3
> folders of about 30.
> This is dovecot 2.2.4, running on Solaris 10 x86_64 to homedirs on zfs,
> where procmail is used to deliver mail to mailboxes in mbox-format.

What's your procmail recipe for delivering messages?  If you're storing
it directly to a mbox file, dovecot will never get a chance to see it
and update the indices.

An example of invoking LDA to store messages

 	:0 Hw
 	* /^From:.*dummy@/
 	| dovecot-lda -d yourusername -m dummybox

 	# Dump mail into my INBOX using dovecot's LDA
 	:0 w

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>