[Dovecot] Nee assistance with migrating/copying a virtual user's maildir to another virtual user

David Varela davidv at lamontanita.coop
Mon Aug 26 19:15:03 EEST 2013

Thanks Steffen,

Yes, the old Maildir contains cur and new with email in each.  The manager's
maildir looks like:

Maildir
	/new
	/cur
	/tmp
	/.INBOX.subfolder
		/new
		/cur
		/tmp
	/.INBOX.usr_XYZ.usrFolder
		/new
		/cur
		/tmp
		/.INBOX.subfolder(s)

I tried to copy OldMaildir/cur to NewMaildir/.INBOX.usr_XYZ.usrFolder/cur
but the MUA generates errors that it could not update headers and the IMAP
server severed the connection.  In addition, the MUA does not display the
subfolders for the old maildir although they are listed on the server.

Thanks,

David