[Dovecot] Disabled pop3-login

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Aug 26 03:56:21 EEST 2013

Am 26.08.2013 02:46, schrieb Tamsy:
> LuKreme wrote the following on 26.08.2013 06:42:
>> In my dovecot.conf I do not have pop3-login anabled (since I do not support pop3):

as said already, it's one line in dovecot.conf
protocols = imap

> Besides of the above, if you are not going to use POP3 at all I would
> close port 110 and port 995 with DROP to let to go these accesses to
> nowhere

besides the fact that unused services should not listen at all
this advice in case of firewalls is wrong - close *any* port
as default and open *only* the one you are using

not the other direction DROP specific ones you do not want

frankly, there are 65535 possible ports