[Dovecot] Developer docs?

C. Mills dovecot at pyropus.ca
Sun Aug 25 21:09:46 EEST 2013

Hi,

I'm looking to modify Dovecot slightly to add support for a custom feature.
I've spent some time reading the code, and I've been wondering if there are
any contributor/developer documents I've missed that would make getting up to
speed easier.

I've read much of the code, and most of the wiki, including the Design/* and
/*Process pages.  They give a good summary of some of the design decisions,
but I don't see much other than that.  The docs included in the tarball are
just dumps of the wiki pages.

I've browsed some of the list archives as well, without finding much to help
me.

Are there other resources I've missed?  What I'm trying to do requires passing
some additional information/state from the imap-login process (presumably
through the master) to the imap mail process.  Any pointers much appreciated!

Thanks,

C.