[Dovecot] mdbox - healthy rotation size vs default - WAS Re: Dovecot tuning for GFS2

Fri Aug 23 15:17:21 EEST 2013

On 2013-08-22 9:57 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> On 8/21/2013 4:07 PM, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
>
>> I would strongly suggest using mdbox instead. AFAIK clusterfs' aren't
> I'd recommend mdbox as well, with a healthy rotation size.  The larger
> files won't increase IMAP performance substantially but they can make
> backup significantly quicker.

I'm considering migrating to mdbox... wondering what you consider
'healthy' rotation size.

I generally try to avoid changing defaults whenever possible, so, do you
consider the default size of 2MB too small?

I guess though that it depends on usage. Since we get a decent number of
large attachments, maybe that is a good reason to bump it up?

Thanks,

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*