[Dovecot] Dovecot tuning for GFS2

林 宏河 ko.hayashi at scsk.jp
Thu Aug 22 03:15:33 EEST 2013

Andrea,

We tried to use GFS2 + Dovecot(mdbox) but when there's many mailboxes and
mails,
it seem to get slow while dropping mail to the mailbox.
We tested with LeftHand storage by the way. So we switched to NFSv4.

Also, keep in mind that director those not detect when the backend server
fails.
So, we use poolmon as suggested in director wiki.
We've tested and it seems to work fine.

Have a look at it.

Kouga