[Dovecot] Dovecot Dsync

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Tue Aug 20 19:16:25 EEST 2013

On 08/20/2013 11:57 AM, Ben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to bump it, but I've yet to receive even one reply to my
> question the other day about Dsync ? Everyone else seems to have been
> receiving replies to their questions and so I'm feeling a little
> lonely out in the cold.
>
> I can't believe nobody on-list uses Dsync ?
>
> Ben
Maybe everyone is waiting for someone smarter than themselves to answer
this.. :-)

So.. hoping I read and understood your email correctly ...

The first thing you tried failed because only root can change
permissions, except for using the setuid bit which is probably not what
you want here.
The second might have failed because of:

userdb {
   args = username_format=%u /etc/dovecot/users
   driver = passwd-file
}

dsync is using userdb and not authdb because it's not checking a
password here. Can it be that its-virtmail doesn't have permission to
read /etc/dovecot/users ?