[Dovecot] Postfix aliases with quota-status service

Benny Pedersen me at junc.eu
Wed Aug 7 00:54:06 EEST 2013

Thomas Leuxner skrev den 2013-08-06 18:25:
> * Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> 2013.08.06 18:15:
>
>>> Now the real problem along the road is the submitting server. If
>>> that server does not
>>> indicate the message size during handshake the pre-queue rejection
>>> simply can not work.
>>
>> quota_grace was meant to solve that. You'll allow the user to become
>> a bit over quota.
>
> What I meant is before the mail enters the Postfix queues. If the
> SIZE extension is not used during MAIL FROM by the remote server,
> then
> there's no way to reject an over-quota mail upfront, losing the
> benefit of the policy service.

dovecot dict sql qouta, then in postfix smtpd_end_of_data_restricttions
check sql qoutas in policy deamons or just simple sql qoury will not
solve it ?, correct if sender need to send data first to get sizes it
begins to be impraktical since if there is just 1 byte free last sender
can still send more then 1 byte, but next sender cant