[Dovecot] Postfix aliases with quota-status service

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Tue Aug 6 20:57:55 EEST 2013

* Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> 2013.08.06 19:42:

> The idea behind quota_grace is that the last mail would be allowed to take the user somewhat over quota (e.g. up to 109% quota usage). On the next mail delivery user is already over quota, so the size of the mail is irrelevant because a mail of any size will be rejected. The initial quota-status implementation didn't even support SIZE extension since I didn't remember it existed.

I'm referring to the Postfix side _only_ or the initial SMTP Handshake if you like. My point is that there is no safe way to reject mails at this level *if* the remote server doesn't play nice. I think this was the whole point of writing a policy service for Postfix. I'm not *talking* about quotas that will be handled  by the delivery agents...