[Dovecot] problems with expire plugin

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Tue Aug 6 00:12:57 EEST 2013

Le 5 août 2013 à 15:10, Felix Rubio Dalmau a écrit :

> [...] Now the question is: How should I configure the expires to be different for different boxes? I see that the expires plugin keeps the track of the oldest message on the boxes tracked, only. Should I configure cronjobs like this, for each mailbox to be expunged?
>
> 	doveadm expunge -A mailbox Trash savedbefore <numdays>d

Hello Felix,

This might be worth a new thread...

Anyway, I think you are right about the need of having jobs run periodically.

Perhaps could you devise a single job, by ORing your queries as described in the man page for doveadm-search-query(7); you may find an example at http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-August/067983.html.

But I don't know which approach (multiple jobs vs single job) would be the most efficient.

HTH,
Axel