[Dovecot] [Metadata Plugin] Q: Source Repository

Christoph Hintermüller christoph at out-world.com
Mon Aug 5 19:18:09 EEST 2013

Hi I'm currently trying to package V14 of Metadata  plugin for Ubuntu
Quantal (https://launchpad.net/~privatedata/+archive/dovecot-2.2.2/) to
be installed along with dovecot 2.2.4. According to my efforts packaging
the plugin i do have some questions

For future releases, is it possible to add a link to the current release
on the  meta data mercurial page which includes in the filename of the
tar.gz archive the current version number of the plugin
( metadata-plugin-v14.tar.gz). That would allow to add an appropriate
line in the debian/watch file to detect when a new release of the plugin
is available. Currently i have to check mercurial page manually and use
an updated version mangling entry to ensure that the packaging system
downloads the latest version. The link would help to simplify this.
Especially as the base link in my debian/watch file currently points to
tip.tar.gz and not to the archive the linke of the V14 tag points to.
The sources i got represent the tip.tar.gz downloaded on July 19th 2013
23:16 CET which likely do not exactly correspond to the contents of the
archive containing sources of V14. Therefore a versioned link to the
source archives of the latest version would simplify things a lot,
especially adding patches released for the latest version. As well as
reporting the following addition.

Further I have added a doc directory stub, containing the configuration
examples found in thread
http://dovecot.2317879.n4.nabble.com/dovecot-metadata-8-released-tp10091.html

Greetings
Christoph