[Dovecot] dovecot fts solr plugin

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 5 18:19:18 EEST 2013

On 5.8.2013, at 18.12, Tamsy <dovecot-list at mohtex.net> wrote:

> Regarding:
> "org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log SEVERE:
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field text"

I wonder what tries to access such "text" field .. I don't see any such code in Dovecot. Or does Solr assume that there always is a field named "text"?

> As for Solr 4.4.0 this went away after editing solr-schema.xml (from
> Dovecot 2.2.4),
> Changing the call to:
> fieldType name="text" to fieldType name="text_general"
> Changing all calls to field name type="text" to type="text_general"
> and by adding:
> <field name="text" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="false"
> multiValued="true"/>
> before:
> <field name="_version_" type="long" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

So basically you're adding a new field named "text" that is always empty (because Dovecot Solr plugin doesn't add anything to it)? I'm not sure if the text_general changes did anything good.