[Dovecot] Weird log entries when some users are composing messages in Thunderbird

Mon Aug 5 18:18:06 EEST 2013

>>> 2013-08-05T10:34:42-04:00 myhost dovecot: imap(user at media-brokers.com): Disconnected: Disconnected in IDLE in=149 out=12449
>>> 2013-08-05T10:34:42-04:00 myhost dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<user at media-brokers.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=###.###.###.###, lport=993, mpid=8153, TLS, session=<lJedNTTjNwDAqAIc>
>>> 2013-08-05T10:34:42-04:00 myhost dovecot: imap(user at media-brokers.com): Disconnected: Disconnected in IDLE in=149 out=12449
> No idea, but check what the sessions do: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog

Thanks Timo, I'll do this in the morning when no one is here...

Hmmm... can this be enabled for this a couple of users (those that I've
noticed this happening to)? The wiki says that it works 'by checking if
dovecot.rawlog/ directory exists in the logged in user's home
directory'... so, does this mean I would just need to make sure I only
had that directory for the users I wanted to monitor? Or would I get
lots of errors for all of the users that*didn't* have this directory?

--

Best regards,

Charles