[Dovecot] Weird log entries when some users are composing messages in Thunderbird

Mon Aug 5 17:45:57 EEST 2013

Hi all/Timo,

When some of our users are composing a message in Thunderbird, I see a
ton of these in the logs, and they keep repeating the entire time they
are typing until the message gets sent...

> 2013-08-05T10:34:42-04:00 myhost dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<user at media-brokers.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=###.###.###.###, lport=993, mpid=8152, TLS, session=<El2GNTTjNgDAqAIc>
> 2013-08-05T10:34:42-04:00 myhost dovecot: imap(user at media-brokers.com): Disconnected: Disconnected in IDLE in=149 out=12449
> 2013-08-05T10:34:42-04:00 myhost dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<user at media-brokers.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=###.###.###.###, lport=993, mpid=8153, TLS, session=<lJedNTTjNwDAqAIc>
> 2013-08-05T10:34:42-04:00 myhost dovecot: imap(user at media-brokers.com): Disconnected: Disconnected in IDLE in=149 out=12449

I confirmed that their 'Auto-Save' settings are the defaults (5 minutes,
same as mine), and when I'm composing a message, there are no entries
like this. The only other option I could think of that might affect t
his is the 'spell check as you type', which is also enabled on mine.

Also - I'm not sure this *always* happens to these users... all I know
is, I see these flooding the logs sometimes, and when I remote in, that
user is composing a message.

Anyone have any idea why this happens to only a few of our users, and
possibly only sometimes? Could it be something in the HTML of the quoted
text when they are replying to certain messages?

Thanks,

--

Best regards,

Charles