[Dovecot] Mail being delivered but MUA showing empty inbox

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Sat Aug 3 03:34:24 EEST 2013

On 8/2/2013 4:34 AM, Nigel Smith wrote:

>> Unfortunately you failed to provide 'dovecot -n' output which makes
>> assisting you much more difficult.  Providing this is standard operating
>> procedure.

> Sorry, but ....What on earth are you on about ?
>
> From the man page " -n     Dump non-default settings to stdout and exit successfully.  The same as doveconf -n."
>
> From the ***TOP*** of my original email :
>
> Dovecot :  2.0.19 (see config at http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=KMaQ9Ccc)
> Postfix :  2.9.6 (see config at http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=EEeevHfk)

> The configs are right there.... for both postifx and dovecot.   I was being courteous by posting them on pastebin instead of pasting them into an email which would become clutterd with lines of config !

My apologies Nigel.  I completely missed the links.  I guess I'm so used
to seeing configs inline that I skimmed over those links.

My visual acuity problems aside, for future reference it's usually
better to inline config output so folks can highlight problems and point
out exactly where corrections need to be made.  In this particular case
it wouldn't be necessary to include postconf -n output though.

--
Stan