[Dovecot] Custom quota setup

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 2 19:05:18 EEST 2013

On 2.8.2013, at 18.56, Richard Platel <rplatel at tucows.com> wrote:

> On 2013-08-02, at 11:34 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> On 2.8.2013, at 18.15, Richard Platel <rplatel at tucows.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We pass custom quota rules for each user in our userdb, and use a custom dict proxy program, so that program could read the file and pass a setting at log in time too (if, for example, there was a setting that said "offset the user's quota usage by X amount")
>>
>> That I think would work.
>>

> That's future development though?  No such setting exists now?

I'm not exactly sure what you thought of, but my idea was simply that you'd add your own dict proxy in the middle which hooks into the GET command, and increases its value by reading the filestoresize. You can already do that by pointing to a UNIX socket different from the normal dict server socket, similar as in http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/Dict