[Dovecot] Mail being delivered but MUA showing empty inbox

Axel Luttgens AxelLuttgens at swing.be
Fri Aug 2 13:32:44 EEST 2013

Le 2 août 2013 à 12:13, Nigel Smith a écrit :

>> I wanted to add before above question that I would at least try something like this:
>> mail_location = maildir:~/mails
>> test at ops.example.com:{SSHA512}xxxxxxxxxxxxx:1001:1001::/srv/mail/ops.example.com/test:::
>

> I'll admit I'm a little confused Axel .... ;-)

Me too...

> Are you just saying I should test removing the "/./" chroot from the user homedir ?  (I think I already tried this, but happy to try again if that's what you're saying)

In a first time, yes, for various reasons:

- I haven't checked in the code whether that /./ convention applies to non-system users
- your global config
	valid_chroot_dirs = /srv/mail
doesn't, strictly speaking, apply to directories below /srv/mail
- those chrooting matters often come with their own problems: better be sure to have everything working without in a first time

> I'm not quite sure how proposed changing mail_location to ~/mails would work ?

Since you're already providing the home directory thru the passdb/userdb databases, lets simplify...
On the other hand, having all maildir data in its own subdirectory, rather than the home directory itself, appears safer to me.

Axel